Monday, November 7, 2011

Bike Setup for Chainbuster's 6hr race

So I took this weekend off from racing to rest the legs and I gotta say they feel pretty good.  Helped out with some trailwork Saturday on the new trail section added at Oak Mtn for the race and made it a little more "race friendly" as we smooth out some of the lines and really technical sections that were a bit on the dangerous side for a race course.  The trail is looking really good and last week's rain really helped out with packing down the new dirt. 

So this weekend I took some time to setup my Bianchi and tune it up for the race.  I changed out my 16t freewheel for a 17t, put a lockout switch on the bars for my Sid, and gave her a through cleaning and lube job.  After doing 4 laps last week with the 32:16 gearing and feeling pretty beat up, I'm hoping the 32:17 gear plus race day adrenaline will allow for me to get in 6 laps for the race.  After pre-riding the course it's going to take that many laps to get on the podium I believe but how quickly I get there is going to be another story.  Here are some pics of my setup for this weekend and if anyone wants to stop by my pit area on Saturday feel free, will have beer and food for those not racing or racing teams that want to hang out. 


1 comment:

  1. 6 laps will be no problem. I rode the course yesterday, lots of ups. MRI looked good on the leg and I'll be out there on a 3 man team! See ya.

    ReplyDelete